9/01/2010

Red Sunflower, Blue Sky

(Toledo, OH) I was snapping a bunch of pictures of flowers and plants in my yard today, and most of the images I captured were quite dull. However, my eyes gravitated toward the image of the red sunflower on your left, which seemed to glow with an almost surreal quality.

I especially liked the ring of yellow hues right around the center of the flower, which served as a sort of halo effect. There are some imperfections on the flower, but they are not enough to detract from the overall aesthetics of the image.

Despite the bright mid-afternoon sun, I think the flash may have gone off during this image. This might account for some of the brilliance of the foreground image, especially the way the yellow tinges on the flower's petal seem to jump out at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home