8/03/2010

Dressing Up Dead Spaces

(Toledo, OH) I have been consciously re-evaluating some of the areas of my yard that I previously wrote off as "dead spaces. Pictured on your left is an area that is heavily shaded and that had been dominated by a rather unruly weigela bush. After cutting back the branches and sculpting the bush into a more tame state, I considered options to brighten up this otherwise dull area.

My wife suggested a few guacamole hostas to contrast with both the shade and the dark leaves of the weigela bush. I also added some color and definition with the paving bricks you see in the picture. While this space will win no honors at a Better Homes and Gardens review, nonetheless the area is brighter and more eye-appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home