8/01/2010

Color Contrast in Gardens

(Toledo, OH) I have been experimenting with colors in some of my gardens the past year, and in the accompanying photograph you can see an example of this approach. Previously this display around the base of a red maple tree contained lilies and decorative grass, but yesterday I relocated the lilies to another spot in my yard and replaced them with some chartreuse-hued hostas.

When the hostas fill in the space there will be an eye-appealing blend of colors, and I think these lighter hostas will brighten up this space considerably. The art of blending colors in a garden space does not require a great deal of skill, unlike the sort of knowledge one would gain at Forex training seminars, but with some practice and experimentation there is much enjoyment that can be derived from color contrasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home