7/15/2010

Black Eyed Susans

(Toledo, OH) Over the past few years I have been cultivating a few varieties of Rudbeckia hirta, which are better known by the common name Black-eyed Susan. I think that the reason why these members of the Aster family appeal to me so much is that I recall playing in a field filled with these bright yellow flowers as a child near my grandparents' house.

The arrival of Black-eyed Susans reminds me of a time in my life when I was unencumbered by the sorts of adult worries and concerns that occasionally weigh me down today. While I am not exactly searching for top rated diet pills these days, the summers I spent running through a field of Black-eyed Susans was a time when health and weight were a million miles away from my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home