6/01/2010

Habitat 67

(Montréal, QC) This is a view of the housing complex known as Habitat 67, which is located on the Marc-Drouin Quay on the Saint Lawrence River. I took this image while on a tour boat in the Old Port of Montréal, and it was on the boat that I learned of the history of the complex (you can read more by following the above Wikipedia link).

At first glance the structures seemed unnecessarily boxy, but the aesthetic beauty of the buildings eventually grew on me the more I viewed them from across the water in the days I spent in Montréal. At first the buildings looked like a bunch of cardboard boxes stacked upon each other, like those cartons you might find multivitamins or aspirin inside, but after a period of time there is a synergy with the interlocked structures that is eye-appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home