6/05/2010

Downtown Montreal

(Montreal, QC) I took the accompanying photograph from atop Mont Royal, the small mountain that to the north of the city of Montreal's central business district. My wife and I made the mistake of climbing Mont Royal via a direct route to the top, and we were a bit chagrined that we did not take the time to learn that an STM bus route regularly deposits sightseers at the top of the mountain.

It took my calves and ankles a few days to forget the surprisingly strenuous effort required to ascend Mont Royal. We are yet at the age where wrinkle creams are of concern to us, but these 46-year-old legs definitely ached in response to our vigorous exercise.

My advice: either take the bus or walk the paved paths, which trade distance for elevation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home