5/04/2010

Tree-Based Activism

(Stony Ridge, OH) While talking with the supporters of Keith Sadler and the Toledo Foreclosure Defense League, I noticed that one of the protesters chose a loftier perch from which to take a break. This 100-foot maple tree seemed perfectly designed for the human form, and it made me long for the days of my misspent youth when building a tree fort was the ultimate in coolness.

As a dedicated acrophobe, I also found the tree's main limbs to be close enough to the ground as to remain within the realm of my ability to climb, though of course I did not dislodge the tree's inhabitant.

That sort of activity would be more in keeping with the duties of the Wood County Sheriff or the bank that demanded the foreclosure on Keith's former home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home