5/25/2010

Blue Delphinium

(Toledo, OH) I knew very little about the perennial flowers known as Delphinium before I picked up a wilted-looking potted plant at the closeout bin at a local nursery last year. However, I was pleasantly surprised when my Delphinium plant not only rebounded from neglect, but when this year the plant rewarded me with several new stalks of brilliant azure-hued flowers.

One need not leave the comfort of contemporary sofas to view Delphinium, as the Internet provides plenty of images of this flower. Yet closeup I am amazed at the simple beauty of these flowers, which are in the buttercup family Ranunculaceae. An added bonus to gardeners who plant Delphinium is that they produce several waves of blossoms throughout the summer, bringing color to a garden most of the spring and summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home