12/25/2009

Passing a Roadside Cross

(Toledo, OH) The presence of the roadside cross in the United States usually signifies the place where a traffic fatality occurred. I assume that this is the case in the memorial that I frequently pass on I-75 just south of the I-475 split in central Toledo.

I cannot imagine the pain of the family members as they drive past the site of a loved one's untimely death, especially if that accident victim was a young person. What do you do with the possessions of a young person who dies young? Imagine a house full of items like clothing, CDs, a plasma screen TV, and an elliptical - how empty such a house must seem in spite of the wealth of possessions that would no longer be used by their owner.

Incomprehensibly sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home