11/17/2009

Trying Out the DenTek Oral Mouth Guard

I was recently selected to review a dental mouth guard product for DenTek Oral Care. The mouth guard is designed to reduce the wear and tear on teeth associated with bruxism, which is a tendency to grind one's teeth. I have long fit this category, and I thought that the opportunity might also help me extend the lifespan of my molars and incisors. Here is a short video I created while wearing the mouth guard:



In order to create the permanent mouth guard, you simply boil water and submerge the mouth guard for 45 seconds. After a 10-second cooling-off period, the mouth guard can be custom fitted to your teeth, and in a mere two minutes the mouth guard will have set.

I wore the mouth guard last night, and it did not take long for me to adjust to its presence. I think that regular use of the DenTek Oral mouth guard will be a significant benefit to anyone who experiences bruxism. Of course, be sure to consult your dentist about tooth and jaw pain, as these can be signs of serious problems that this product is not equipped to address. I should also add that this is a nighttime bruxism product, and the mouth guard should not be used as a sports device.

Anyways, be sure to consider this product if you - like me - suffer from bruxism.

This review is a result of a feedback campaign by DenTek Oral Care, Inc. The recipients were asked to give their honest opinion about the product they received. Good reviews were not incentivized and poor reviews will not be censored for their opinion of the product.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Grinding your teeth while you sleep can really make a big damage unto your mouth. That's why mouth guards are now created to provide protection to our mouth while we sleep. Like you, I also grind my teeth while sleeping that's why I've consulted my dentist in Hattiesburg, MS and he created a custom mouth guard for me. Truly, dentists (Hattiesburg area) provide all kinds of dental services to their clients.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home