11/24/2009

Black Squirrel, Green Grass


(Bowling Green, OH) While I have certainly seen black squirrels before, I am a bit surprised at the large number of them to be found on the campus of Bowling Green State University. In my walks on campus I encounter black squirrels just about every day, and the dark coloring of these rodents seems to make them stand out a bit more as they scamper about in search of food.

I am not quite ready to suggest that these squirrels are so numerous that they might need to think about directory submissions in order to keep organized their territory and mating information, but they are indeed many in number. At times these squirrels seem to outnumber their red, gray, and brown co-Sciuridae collaborators in hijinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home