1/26/2009

Snow, Barn, Cold

(Ida, MI) The winter storm that passed through the area the other day created some blinding driving conditions, although the image on the left does not quite do justice to the near-blizzard like experience.

As a lifetime city dweller, I have long had an affinity for barns, which are buildings I really understand only on an intellectual level. There is something timeless and hearty about barns that draw me to them like an iron nails to a magnet. I'm not sure that I would like to relocate to the country and hang out in my own barn, but the rustic solitude of an old barn appeals to me on a visceral level, far deeper than that of system memory.

Maybe I should get a job on a farm for a week to either beat the love of barns out of me, or to appease the peasant that lurks within my soul.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Ben-Ariel said...

Beautiful picture. I also love barns, as they remind me of growing up in Risingsun, Ohio. It's sad that the old red barns are fast becoming history, replaced by metal buildings that lack the character and strength of wood.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home