1/03/2009

Selling Newspapers

(Detroit, MI) The cold, snow, and fog did not deter this entrepreneur from hawking copies of the Sunday newspaper. Our subject staked out the intersection at Forest Avenue and the Lodge Freeway service drive in search of customers.

This is far from a turnkey, rubber stamp sort of business, but in tough economic times, you have to tip our cap to a guy who will try to make a buck in such a time-honored manner. In the 90 seconds or so that I saw him, he sold two copies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous ksteinhoff said...

I hate to show my age, but I can recall seeing the paperboys in my hometown of Cape Girardeau, MO, rolling out their wooden wagons with steel wheels on Sunday mornings to hawk the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

In those days, the color comics were the selling point and they, not the front page, were displayed on top.

I never did that, but I did get a paper route that I delivered by bike at age 12.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home