11/01/2008

Leaf Fencing

(Toledo, OH) In my neighborhood there is an interesting pastime that some area residents engage in; for lack of a better term I call this "leaf fencing," which is the construction of temporary fences to prevent leaves from blowing back on one's property.

Personally I find this approach to be futile, as the leaves will not be deterred by eight to ten feet of fencing, but I admire the persistent folks who fight this death battle against the leaves. Of course, as one of the people who might be classified as participating in leaf slackery, I suppose I am an enabler of leaf terror, but I prefer to wait until most of the trees are bare before putting serious effort into leaf removal. Maybe I should use my outdoor lawn furniture as home theater seating for the autumnal show while I wait for the last leaves to fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home