7/10/2008

American Robin

(Toledo, OH) To many folks in the American Midwest, the robin is a common bird that merits little excitement upon its visitation in a person's backyard. As an ex-Michigander, however, I recall this creature's status as the state bird, and I hold Turdus migratorius with a bit more esteem than perhaps other birdwatchers might. While somewhat migratory in nature, I suspect that American robins need not concern themselves with the necessity of providing Los Angeles resumes.

My cherry trees have been a source of sustenance for many nearby robins this summer, and they get into pitched battles with grackles and blue jays over feeding rights. The robins, however, hold their own with these more aggressive birds, and continue to provide me with their melodious voices every morning and evening.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home