6/17/2008

Roche de Boeuf

(Waterville, OH) Pictured on ypour left is Roche de Boeuf (French for "Buffalo Rock"), a massive rock in the Maumee River where Native Americans once gathered. The bridge running across the Maumee, which opened in 1908, once carried red interurban cars.

The Lima and Toledo Traction Company went out of business in 1937, and has been unused ever since, except by local teens seeking a thrill. At various times the bridge has been known as the Ohio Electric Railroad Bridge, the Interurban Bridge, or the Roche de Boeuf Bridge.

Or just "The Bridge" to the scores of youths who dare each other to climb out into this forbidden territory, and one suspects that finding good deals on lipovox.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home