6/26/2008

Graffiti on a Rail Car

(Toledo, OH) I am not the sort of hazy-eyed weenie who finds aesthetic value in every piece of graffiti, especially when the "art" appears on the side of someone's house or garage. Still, I do find myself gazing at rail cars as they pass, trying to decipher some of the messages that I come across.

I am at a loss to translate the pictured graffiti, which decorated this Duluth, Winnipeg, & Pacific rail car. I did find it especially colorful on an otherwise dreary brick red vehicle, though am not ready to pronounce its creator the next Raphael Sanzio.

This type of art is probably more akin to the sort of kitschy glitter found when one takes in the sites during Las Vegas vacations than the kind found in Florence.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home