3/06/2008

Thar Be Possums

(Toledo, OH) The heavy snows that fell on Northwest Ohio this week provided an opportunity to track the creatures that have been rifling through my trash cans of late. My neighborhood is home to both raccoons and opossums, and I deduced from these tracks that I snapped pictures of the front paw prints of the latter.

Our previous protection against four-legged invaders was my old friend Hershey, who was a 110-pound chocolate Labrador retriever. Over the years, Hershey caught something on the order of a half-dozen opossums, a few of which I had to put out of their misery after being chewed upon by the dog.

The raccoons were both too smart and too agile for Hershey to catch, though they were known to tormet him from a safe distance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home