2/05/2008

Heavy Fog

(Toledo, OH) The passing of a warm front, which sent temperatures rocketing from the low 30s to over 50 degrees last night, caused the rapid melting and evaporating of last week's snowstorm. As a result, Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan became enveloped in a heavy layer of fog over the past 24 hours, and more fog may await us tonight.

Driving last night through Sylvania, I found that the fog reduced visibility to a mere 200-300 yards, and I was unable to see traffic lights that were just up the road. It was a bit jarring to suddenly see cars careening toward you with only seconds to spare, and I shuddered when I considered my fate had I faced off with a drunk driver veering over the yellow line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home