11/11/2007

Cross Tie Walker

(Ida, MI) The title refers to the age-old tradition of ambling along the railroad tracks, an act that is technically illegal but to which I find myself drawn on occasion.

As a child I could not walk near a set of railroad tracks without placing a penny on the rail, hoping a train would soon pass and smash the coin. Such coins, of course, would likely fly like shrapnel, and not even the finest car covers would be sufficient protection against the unlikely event of a flying penny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Mike, great pics. I came across your blog purely by "accident" by following a link. I used to live in Toledo, am now on Cape Cod. I used to know and work for a wonderful man named Stu Brooks. Any relation?
Best Regards,
Alison

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home